BIRMINGHAM PUBLIC LIBRARY
The mission of the Birmingham Public Library is to provide the highest quality library service to our citizens for life long learning, cultural enrichment and enjoyment.
The Birmingham Public Library, building on its tradition of excellence and professional leadership, will be indispensable in linking people with the universe of information.
The Birmingham Public Library is committed to:
- Quality public service.
- Valuing and empowering employees.
- Free and equal access to information and resources.
- Honesty, integrity and responsibility.
- Embracing diversity.
- Collaboration and community partnership.
- Innovation in the delivery of library resources.
Adopted by the Birmingham Library Board on February 25, 1999